Table of Contents
Dell Optiplex 9010 AIO
Hardware Upgrades Paths
- BIOS: I highly recommend you upgrade the BIOS, find the updated BIOS for your system and install it.
- Internal Storage: Many stock systems will come with 250GB or 500GB HDDs, few would have SSDs due to the cost vs capacity at the time these systems were sold. An SSD is a highly recommended upgrade, dramatically increasing the speed and responsiveness of your Dell AIO.
- Memory: Many systems come stock with a Core i5 that has 4GB (1x4G) or 8GB (2x4G), many Core i7 versions do come stock with 16GB (2x8G). Dell documentation state that maximum is 16GB (2x16GB), which is generally more than what the average home user or business user would need, 16GB would be suitable for the dedicated PC enthusiast.
- Wireless: Many Core i5 stock systems wouldn't have a wireless card installed due it this being a corporate/non-retail release system. You can source the wireless card online, although it does appear the Core i7 versions do have it installed as stock.
- Processor: Upgrading the CPU is probably the last thing you would want to do, due to the cost of another CPU.
Updating your BIOS does carry risk. If an update goes bad the board can be bricked. You update BIOS at your own risk. Please do ensure you have downloaded the correct BIOS from the Dell Support page. No responsibility is taken for update failures resulting in damage or loss.
- Dell Optiplex 9010 AIO System BIOS A20 - Release: Aug 25, 2016.
After you've installed Windows, one of the first things I recommend you do is update the BIOS - there is a good chance your system is using ver A07 which does appear to be the production release of the BIOS revisions, ver A20 has been release as of Aug 25, 2016.
- ITHorizon1 - Dell OptiPlex 9010 All-in-One - Official Product Video.
- REVIEW: BTNHD - Product Review! - Dell Optiplex All-in-One 9010.
- REVIEW:Bold Text BTNHD - Dell Optiplex 9020 AIO Unboxing | Review.
- REVIEW: TechSlice - I Bought An All In One - Dell Optiplex 9020 AIO.
- REVIEW: TechSlice - Dell Optiplex 9020 AIO Review.
- Repair Plus - Dell Optiplex 9010 AIO - Harddisk Repair / upgrade - How To - Tutorial - DIY.
- Repair Plus - Dell Optiplex 9010 AIO - Memory Upgrade - How To - Tutorial - DIY.
- akoemm - Dell Optiplex 9020 AIO | Remove the Hard Drive.
Windows 10 Compatibility
Windows 10 is a fully supported operating system for the Dell OptiPlex 9010 & 9020 AIO system.
Windows 10 will support everything out of the box, except for the Dell OSD Application, which has to be installed manually.